The Hubs Discord Bot makes it easy to connect Hubs rooms to your Discord chat server. When a Hubs room is associated with a Discord channel, users will be assigned abilities in the Hubs room based on their Discord roles. For example, Discord owners and moderators will be able to change settings on a Hubs room and be able to moderate users in the room.
- Allows you to authenticate users joining your Hubs room.
- Saves a record of text chat and photos created in the Hubs room.
- Posts in the Discord channel when someone joins or leaves the Hubs room.
If your room is hosted on hubs.mozilla.com:
- Click here to invite the Hubs Discord bot to your Discord server.
- Choose the channel(s) you want Hubs to run in or create new one(s).
- Give the bot appropriate permissions (see below) on these channels.
- Create a webhook named "Hubs" in the channels you want it to run in. It will use this webhook to bridge chat and send Hubs status updates.
- Try out the bot! Type !hubs in a channel the bot is in to see some things you can do.
Using Hubs Cloud? You can add the bot to your Hubs Cloud server.
Your room's user permissions will inherit the permissions that their Discord role has in the channel that the bot is bound to. Users with "manage channel permissions" will have full rights as room owners. If you do not want your channel's members to have full room permissions (e.g., to change the scene, close the room, or change the room settings), check that their role does not have manage channel permissions enabled in Discord.
The bot requires several permissions in order to work.
- "Send messages," "Read messages," and "Embed links" are necessary in order to bridge between the Hubs room that is linked to a channel and the messages that are sent within the channel on Discord.
- "Manage webhooks" is necessary in order for the bot to find and use a webhook for bridging chat.
- "Manage channels" is necessary in order for the bot to set the channel topic and bridge chat. Note: We do not ask for this permission globally when you add the bot to your server, instead we recommend you grant this permission to the bot in specific groups or channels.
The following features outline the current bot commands and how they can be accessed by users in the Discord server:
!hubs - Lists information about the currently linked room.
!hubs create - Creates a default Hubs room and puts its URL into the channel topic. Rooms created with
!hubs create will inherit moderation permissions from this Discord channel and only allow Discord users in this channel to join the room.
!hubs create [environment URL] [name] - Creates a new room with the given environment and name, and puts its URL into the channel topic. Valid environment URLs include glTFs, GLBs, and Spoke scene pages.
!hubs help - Get information about how to use the Hubs bot.
!hubs stats - Shows some summary statistics about room usage.
!hubs remove - Removes the room URL from the topic and stops bridging the Discord channel with Hubs.
!hubs notify set [datetime] - Sets a one-time notification to notify @here to join the room at some future time.
!hubs notify clear - Removes all pending notifications.